Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Belated Nail Art Tuesday...

Hey everyone!

I am such a loser that I have already lapsed on my "posting every day thing." So, here is my featured manicure. It isn't the cleanest job of I have ever done painting my nails.

But here is what you will need:


  • A nail file. Glass files are my new favorite!
  • A cuticle pusher. (Mine is this super cheap-y one from H&M).
  • Cuticle cutters. ($1.50 at Forever 21, or you can purchase a much better one from Sally Beauty Supply or basically any drug store. This was an impulse purchase by the register for me. It works well, especially for $1.50).
  • A base coat. I like Sally Hansen Hardener (far left). It is meant to stop peeling and splitting on your nails. It does an okay job stopping my nails from peeling, but I am still in the market for a really good nail hardener.
  • A shimmering polish in the pink or red family. Obviously you can use any color you like, but I lifted this look from Lizzy Caplan in Bachelorette. (Pictured below). For this I used Sweet Temptation by Orly.
  • Your favorite shimmery silver polish. I used Pumping Iron by Sally Hansen (Hard as Nails line).
  • A matte top coat. Revlon has a pretty good one.
  • French manicure stickers (not pictured) or tape if you are really good at cutting out crescent moon shapes. I was actually a little lazy when I did this and just took a ball point pen and lightly sketched on the the half moon shape at the bottom of my nail. If that is what you decide to do make sure the polish is completely dry.
Steps!
  1. Remove any old nail polish. Be sure to wash all nail polish remover off your nails.
  2. Apply one coat of your base polish.
  3. Apply two coats of Sweet Temptation by Orly (or whatever color you chose).
  4. Wait for the polish to completely dry. Boring, I know. Go watch TV or read a book.
  5. Apply something to guide your way through the half moon shape at the bottom of your nail. I like to have the second color end/start (depending on how you look at it) a quarter of the way up the nail.
  6. Apply your silver color. 2-3 coats will usual cover the pink/red sheen.
  7. Wait for it to dry again. If you don't the top coat might drag the silver color up and smear it.
  8. Apply 1-2 coats of your top matte coat. I actually applied 2 coats just to the pink part of the nail to even out the layers. Then I applied two more coats of the matte top coat to finish it off.
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjv-9oEG3KLjd5tePwXyglzFp2zDXGSIU7RvQyFBMJInEL8kJbnY_izrNlycKGZ80nTgUhEz7VsF00jMvS-iz1n8ohNgXDOyd87trT8iLySEDeYBSADxW0dTZnGHtDGRZR6Xc-yWrBRKw/s1600/photo+1+copy.jpg
Matte pink and silver manicure!


So there you have it! Good luck on your manicure adventure!!

~Shelley Bee

P.S. Random Fact! Squirrels cannot contract rabies. The phrase, "it's a rabid squirrel!" is incorrect.

No comments:

Post a Comment